5.11.08

Classics



There has been a lot of hype about the foamposite nike boots. The homie Wale had them months ago, and people been crazy ever since. The other day while I was at work (FootLocker), this kid came in and asked when we were going to drop them. When he asked for them, I guess my dislike for the boot was expressed on my face, because dude asked to speak to someone who liked them.

Now, don't get me wrong. I think the concept behind the boot is kind of hot. But, how can you take the Foamposite 1s and turn them into a boot? I could be off my bama shit now, but look at the history of the shoe. I mean, Booga pulled the Lincoln championship article out of his pair. And before the knee injury, Penny was that dude. Every kid in the neighborhood to every teen in the high school hallways wanted to rock what Penny had on his feet. I'm sure a lot of those individuals never rocked the Penny foams being that they were the first shoe to sell for over $150...they were $180 to be exact.
I went back to speak to the young guy, and he just thought that the Foams without the nike check was a new thing. I caught myself getting upset a little, but I couldn't because the generations are so different. I'm glad I came up in the time that I did, because a lot of these young guys think most of this stuff is new. The term OG doesn't mean anything to them. No disrespect to nobody out there, but you guys should do some reading.
So to lil' homie who can't wait for the Foam boots to drop, if you like them...I love them. But know where they originated from.
Also, I'm sure everyone knows about the 11/12 package dropping on Dec 26. People ask me about the package all the time. I always hear this though,"I need those XI's in my life!" The bred colorway is extremely dope, but please people, don't forget about the concords. Like the Foamposite 1s...THEY'RE A CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: