30.7.09

The Thought



I was at work the other day, and a older co worker and I started to have this real nice conversation about dreams and goals. I'm not too big with sharing personal business and all so for most of the conversation I was just trying to hint to where she was trying to go. Then she asked me for a moment to stop being guarded and tell her what my goals were.

So I told her my top three goals or whatever, and after telling her I explained to her how bad and how hard I'm going to work to get those. Then the conversation went on a turn.

She asked me if I was going to work hard on all of this, how was I going to be in love? I didn't discuss my love life with her, because I felt like I didn't know her well enough to let her in on all that. Then she said something that caught my attention. She told me this, "You're going to be alone even with you're with somebody because you have these dreams thats going to satisfy you more than she can. And when you reach those goals you're still going to be lonely because you gonna want to flirt with the possibility of being the best".

I didn't agree or disagree, and to this day I'm still wondering how I feel about it. I thought it was a dope read though. What you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was a really interesting statement that she made. But a part of me disagrees with that. I believe its all about setting your priorties straight. From what you've told me, you do have some really big dreams, but if you find that special girl that's gonna support you and be by your side, things will work out for the best.
....I also think its important for you to have a girl that respects your goals in life, understands those goals, and for the most part can relate to your dreams. Its just all about choices