4.12.08

The Roc Boys

I've always been into percussion and all that. I played the drums all the way up until 11th grade. With me being a huge music fan, I pay a lot of attention to drums and how beats are laid down.

I don't know if any of you have been to a Jay-Z show before, but Jigga doesn't do the Dj and MC thing anymore. I mean, there's still a Dj on set, but for the most part (and i mean MOST) he uses his band which he calls 'the Roc Boys'. The band includes your normal instruments, keyboards, and a handful of wild-crazy percussion players. I went to go see Jay perform in VA in October during the Jay-Z and Friends tour under Live Nation. Hov (along with T.I.) killed it, but all my attention were on the Roc Boys. Check em out...


wait to half way through the video to hear how they attack 'a billi'

I saved the best for last...Glanstonbury 08

Encore...the end is sick. Watch Beyonce' and Lupe feel it!!

No comments: