15.4.09

Part 2s


Since Maybach Music II dropped, I took some time sit back and think about some of my favorite songs, and maybe you all's, that I would like to see have a sequel. So here goes my list along with some themes.

Grammy Family
*Kanye and Cons did a great job, but with Common proving his growth as a artist, a second go would be extremely dope

Full Effect
*Many might not remember this track from Freeway and Young Gunz off Free's first album, but with Young Chris hitting the scene hard and Beans out, maybe a second effort can emerge that gutta Philly shit we all loved and still have love for

The Cool
*This one is a bit far being that Lupe Fiasco already had The Coolest and a album titled "the Cool", but I would like to Michael brought back from the dead again and confront the Streets and the Game. No chorus (well maybe, the chorus is actually dope), but all out story telling. Shit would be too ill. Don't you agree? The song would have to be 10mins long, and being on repeat 6 times would be the dopest hour.

A Milli
*Yes, this song has been remixed numerous times, but I would like to hear the beat chopped a little and see Wayne attack it on some super duper lyrical ish.

One Love
*The imagery in this song was so ill, I got OD excited when I saw the Shorty Doo Wop scene in Belly. I could really see Jerome's niece getting shot in the dome piece while walking from the beach. I think Nas should knock out another one being that the times are a lot more crazier now. Perhaps a older Shorty Doo Wop??

I'm Not You
*The Clipse along with Jada, Styles, and Rosco P. Coldchain was one of the first tracks that seperated rappers. Each verse, besides Coldchain's, sort of delivered a different message as to what type of rapper each person was. I think since the Clipse is pretty much respected by everyone in the game, a sequel with each type of artist in hip hop now would be dope. I know I'm pushing it, but I would like to see Wale, Lupe, and Jadakiss again on the track.

Da Rockwilder
*I love this song, I want the same beat, just a new and more raw Red and Meth...pause

Artistic Integrity
*Rumored to happen, but I would like to see Wale prove critics wrong with pure thought and talent. I know he won't let me or the DMV down

I know there are a lot more songs that I could have listed, but these songs have been on my sequel list for a while. If you have any, please comment.

1 comment:

mellington said...

Young neef in full effect and all i need was one reason just to pull this ratchet. thats my jam right there