11.4.09

J. Cole, Colin Munroe, and Wale w/UCB April 9th, at the National Recap


SHHO and ATE Clothing sponsered Wale's ADD Tour this past Thursday, and I must say that I was highly impressed. The show featured J. Cole, Colin Munroe, and of course Wale w/ UCB.

I got a chance to do interviews with J. Cole and UCB's Juice bka Slump. SHHO held me down with VIP and a backstage pass. VIP wasn't too poppin, so I chilled backstage and front row recording footage. Now on to details...

Wale did his thing as usaul. Having UCB play his songs live and Tre singing on the hooks emerges a crazy show. I don't think I would've stayed if it was just him and a DJ on stage for the amount of time he slammed out. I got a chance to meet some of the people from realmangjuice.com (King, Ravi, and Jay Promo whud up!!!). I found it extremely dope that Wale and UCB took the crowd back to old school Go-Go, and Slump made a serious statement with his solo.

J. Cole had a short set, but his flow and delivery had the crowd's attention. Roc Nation is a good place for him. I think dude has crazy potential. Shout outs to his team too, the passed on some advice that was helpful.

Colin Munroe shocked me the most out of all the performers. I never heard of him before, so I wasn't really looking to see him perform. Son is talented though. He played the drums and keyboard while he sang. Like Cole, his set was short, but it was felt.

All in all, it was a great show. Below are videos of Slump and Colin. Yall should check the two out after these...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would have liked to see Cole's performance with Wale...if you have it, you should post it. Thanks.