31.3.09

A Letter to the Kid





Dear Yah Yah,
I don't believe in doing stuff like this, but since you don't like answering the phone, I felt like it was needed.
It's been forever since we were in the front of the house talking about how we were going to be Professional basketball players. Shooting on our crooked rim, or sneaking to play on someone else's because ours was too bent. I will admit it's hard for me to watch you play because of two reasons;1) I wish I was in the position you're in, and 2) I'm still in shock that you have gained the success that we worked so hard for. When the asian dude dunked on you when you were in 8th grade, I didn't hype it to make you look bad, I hyped it so it will never happen again. That also ties in to all the yelling and scolding I did. I only did all of that to make you better. I'm glad to see it worked.

Watching you and your team mates lose the other night was hard for me, but I was somewhat glad. Now you know what you have to do to get back to the same spot. It won't be easy Kid, but I know you can do it. Like I always told you, God doesn't give anyone more talent or success than anyone else. It all boils down to hard work and dedication. I want you to look at next year as a challenge and do everything in your power to get back to the level of success you reached this year. Set goals for yourself. Tell yourself ACC rookie of the year wasn't good enough. Don't settle for that, aim for more.

At the end of next year, I want to see the emotions like the ones in the pictures above.

Like I always tell you. You're not a basketball player anymore, you're a business. It's time to take care it.

Love you Slams

Gone

No comments: